Democratic Party Seeks Nominees for 2008 Eleanor Roosevelt Awards
Held every year since 1999, the Eleanor Roosevelt Tribute honors women in
The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is seeking nominations of women in four categories:
- Grassroots Activist
- Local Elected Leader (municipal, county, or legislative)
- Marlys Matuszak Statewide Impact Award
- Rising Star
Nominations should include the name and contact information of the nominee (including e-mail address), the category for which she is being nominated, and a 500 word or less statement on why the nominee should be a 2008 Eleanor Roosevelt Award Winner.
All nominees will be invited to and recognized at the Eleanor Roosevelt Tribute, which will be held in October 2008. More details on the time and location of the event, including this year’s keynote speaker, will be announced at a later date.
Democratic Party of
Attn: KJ Hansmann
Nomination forms are due Friday, September 19, 2008. If you have any questions, please contact KJ Hansmann at 608-255-5172 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past award winners include:
- Grassroots Activist Category: State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, Linda Farley, Martha Love, Marlys Matuszak, Gretchen Lowe, Jill Berke, and Janice Tobak.
- Local Elected Official Category: former State Rep. Becky Young, Susan Greenfield, Eunice Boyer, Melissa Schroeder, former State Rep. Shirley Krug, Dorothy Lenard, and Rep. Tamara Grigsby.
- Statewide Impact Category: State Superintendent Elizabeth Burmaster, Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk, Esther Leah Ritz, Congresswoman Gwen Moore, past Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Linda Honold, Ingrid Ankerson, and Dian Palmer.
- Rising Star Category: Kira Brenner.
- Lifetime Achievement Category: Activist Bonnie Joseph and Marlys Matuszak.