September 01, 2009
DPW Job Opening: Compliance Director
|Title: Compliance Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits package
Responsible for the oversight and management of the DPW’s finances and for ensuring that the DPW is in compliance with the applicable state and federal reporting requirements.
• Work closely with NGP and QuickBooks to ensure that all payables and receivables are efficiently and accurately reflected in financial and donor databases.
• Compile and submit finance reports to the FEC and the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board.
• Respond to requests for additional information from governing agencies.
• Receive and deposit contributions for the DPW.
• Serve as the point of contact for all operational vendors (phones, insurance, payroll etc). Assist in negotiating contracts and payments.
• Prepare recommendations for payables based on contract guidelines, communications from vendors and past experience.
• Reconcile all financial information; ensure that it is accurately reflected in NGP and QuickBooks.
• Invoice organizations and campaigns for services purchased from the DPW.
• Ensure that staff members have correct paperwork and information completed as it relates to compliance and payroll issues.
• Provide support to the County and Congressional District parties around the state in matters of compliance issues and reporting for state and federal accounts.
• Work with Executive Director and other staff to create data to support the budget development process. Help to create, present and manage finances through fiscal periods as directed.
• Background in accounting and financial management
• In-depth understanding of federal and Wisconsin state campaign finance laws preferred.
• Working knowledge of campaign finance reporting software required; experience with
NGP and QuickBooks preferred.
• Ability to work long days and irregular hours.
• Positive, energetic attitude.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
|How to Apply / Contact|
|Please email resume to Maggie Brick, DPW Executive Director, at email@example.com with "compliance director application" in the subject line. No phone calls please.|