The following amount of time has passed since Scott Walker promised to create 250,000 jobs. So far, he has created 0.
Walker's Record on Jobs Creation
Scott Walker doesn't have a plan for Wisconsin. In fact, he has stood in the way of job creation programs and refused to build partnerships that bring jobs to Wisconsin:
- He mocked Milwaukee 7, the group responsible for bringing Republic Airways and Ingeteam to Wisconsin, as "lipstick on a pig"
- Walker led the push against investments in high-speed rail that even by conservative estimates would create thousands of jobs in Wisconsin.
- Scott Walker continues to criticize the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), which has created or saved an estimated 44,000 jobs in the state (click here for Walker's full ARRA timeline).
- In 2009, his budget dissolved the Economic and Community Development Division and eliminated the Economic Development Director position. This has cost the county millions in federal aid.
- Walker chose previous campaign staffers with insufficient qualifications to lead economic development efforts. A specific example of this came in October 2008 when only $226,000 of the $7.2 budgeted land sales revenue actually had materialized.
- In 2009, he even turned down a $3.1 million gift to be used for economic development and job creation
- Created a 68-page joke job plan, making fun of an issue that effects so many of Wisconsin’s hard working families.
- In the midst of the worst economic crisis in generations, Scott Walker eliminated The Economic and Community Development Division at the County, as well as the economic development director position, in 2009.
- Scott Walker has exaggerated his role in job creation.
- For example, GE Healthcare: "The county executive was never at the table negotiating this," former Wauwatosa Mayor Theresa M. Estness said, adding "there was never anyone from the county involved when we were negotiating with GE."
- For the Milwaukee County Airport: "It has nothing to do with county government," (aviation consultant Michael Boyd, of Boyd Group International Boyd) said. "It has to do with airline economics."
Help spread the word on what Scott Walker's empty promises and record of not creating a single job for Wisconsin. Click the images below to post the latest Jobs Tracker number to Facebook or Twitter:
Signup for our exclusive email updates focused specifically on the 2010 election, fill out the form below and we'll make sure you stay informed.