2020 National Convention
General Information on the 2020 Democratic National Convention
The 2020 Democratic National Convention will be held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on July 13 to 16, 2020. The convention is a major event in the life of a political party, and convention delegates are at the heart of all decisions made. In addition to voting for the party’s presidential and vice presidential nominee, delegates to the Democratic National Convention have an opportunity to vote on the party’s platform and resolutions, as well as the rules that govern the party. For more information, or to sign up for updates from the convention, please visit www.milwaukee2020.com.
The Wisconsin Delegation
Wisconsin's 2012 Delegation in Charlotte, NC and 2016 Wisconsin Delegates in Philadelphia, PA
- Wisconsin will select a total of 90 delegates and 6 alternates for the 2020 convention
- There are three different delegate types that one may run as: District Level Delegate, PLEO Delegate, or At Large Delegate. Please click the links below for more information on each type.
- In order to run as a delegate you must be 18 years old on or before November 3, 2020, be a resident of Wisconsin and a U.S. Citizen, and be a registered voter in the district in which you are running
- February 10th: Statement of Intent forms will be available on this website and at State Party Headquarters
- April 17th: Statement of Intent forms are due to the State Party Headquarters by 5:00pm for anyone wishing to run as a District Level Delegate
- April 26th: County Caucuses
- May 17th: Congressional District Caucuses
- May 29th: Statement of Intent forms are due to the State Party Headquarters by 5:00pm for anyone wishing to run as a PLEO or an At Large Delegate
- June 12th: PLEO and At Large Delegates are selected by the DPW Administrative Committee in Wisconsin Dells, WI
- July 13th - 16th: Democratic National Convention held in Milwaukee, WI
Delegate Breakdown by Candidate:
Wisconsin has a binding primary. All pledged delegates are assigned proportionally based on primary results from the April 7th presidential primary.
A breakdown of delegates by candidates will be available on this website after the presidential primary election.
Click above for an overview of Wisconsin's Delegate Selection Plan or to download a copy of the full plan.
Click above to download an easy one page handout that outlines important details about how to be a National Convention Delegate
National Convention Informational Sessions
Interested in being a delegate to the National Convention or just want more information on the process? The Democratic Party of Wisconsin will be hosting several free National Convention information sessions all across Wisconsin in Spring 2020.
Check back in the next few weeks. We will provide a full listing of trainings linked above.
Statement of Intent and Pledge of Support Form
The form will be made available (by clicking above) on February 10, 2020.
This form can be submitted via email at [email protected] or through the mail to 15 N Pinckney St, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53703. Reminder: these forms are due to the State Party by 5:00pm on April 17th for anyone seeking to be a District Level Delegate or by 5:00pm on May 29th for anyone seeking to be a PLEO or At-Large Delegate.
County Caucus Locations
County caucus locations will available no later than March 13, 2020 and will be linked above.
Congressional District Caucus Locations
Congressional District caucus locations will available no later than March 27, 2020 and will be linked above.
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at 608-255-5172 or [email protected]