The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is excited to announce our Captains program. Community & Campus Captains will be a part of the groundswell of progressive action that will lay the groundwork for a successful 2022 election. Captains will be trained on the basics of organizing & campaign fundamentals and work in their communities to empower voters. This program is designed to train individuals to relational organize with their personal networks, to help strengthen the progressive fabric of the state, and to help elect Democrats up and down the ticket!
College & high school students are welcome to apply to be a Campus Captain. This means you will be volunteering on your campus & talking to fellow students about the issues you care about the most. Alternatively, you can apply to be a Community Captain, which will mean you will be volunteering off-campus.
**Note: This is an unpaid, volunteer opportunity. Captains are located statewide and you will be working locally in your community**
- Participate in training on field organizing, messaging, and other activities.
- Organize in your community, build teams, and help develop new progressive leaders.
- Engage new potential volunteers through relational organizing
- Use social networks to help amplify our message and to talk about our work.
- Continue to build the movement to help elect Democrats up and down the ticket in all elections.
Ideal applicants require:
- Passion for Democratic politics
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate ideas on the phone/through texts/via email