Job Description: Call Time Assistant
Reports to: Call Time Manager
Salary: $38,000-$45,000, generous benefits package
Start date: March 2020
Application Deadline: Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is suggested timeframe based on organization needs.
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces a pivotal local and state Supreme Court race in the spring of 2020, will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. In 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: As a Call Time Assistant, you will assist the Call Time Manager with the execution of management of Democratic Party of Wisconsin’s call time program.
- Assist the call time manager with implementing the call time program including creating call sheets, organizing outreach, staffing Principals, tracking results, and managing data.
- Assist with donor and prospect follow up including scheduling future calls, chasing pledges, and relational outreach.
- Perform extensive and efficient donor research and prospecting.
- Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow processes in an organized and complete manner.
- Strong proficiency with using the internet to research information.
- General competency with GoogleSheets and GoogleDrive.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and synthesize data.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be a “team player” and assist co-workers with meeting important deadlines such as donor prospecting, stuffing envelopes, data entry, etc.
- Growth Mindset – ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal Oriented – enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
- Prior donor research experience.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with GoogleSheets and GoogleDrive.
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.