Job Title: Data Associate
Reports to: Deputy Data Director
Salary: $54,000/year, Plus see below for details on the DPW generous benefits package
Location: Madison, WI
Start date: July 2022
Application Deadline: June 28, 2022 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is a suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: WisDems is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2022 election cycle, WisDems will continue to build a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson to ensure a Democratic US Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. WisDems’ work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: We seek a highly motivated and passionate individual with an interest in campaign data who is eager to learn new skills. As a Data Associate you will work in a close-knit team to help administer voter contact tools and analyze the resulting data. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and has excellent attention to detail. This is a termed position through the end of November 2022.
- Design and write code for reports for other departments and for external partners in line with key programmatic priorities, particularly the organizing and voter protection teams.
- Maintain and respond to a ticketing system for data support requests and flags.
- Provide timely and relevant analysis of data and fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround.
- Support other members of the data team to complete projects as necessary, including administering tools such as VAN, ThruTalk, and other voter contact platforms.
- Develop and present VAN training materials to the organizing team in statewide, small group and one-on-one settings.
- Produce and share analysis of voter contact results, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as BIPOC, and across other lines of identity difference. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Creative Problem Solving Skills and Solutions-Oriented Mindset – Able to find innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Strong Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail – Has a systematic approach to organization and has an airtight approach to catching even the smallest of mistakes.
- Project Management – Ability to work on several projects at the same time required.
- Previous campaign experience is a plus.
- Experience with NGP VAN, Votebuilder, ThruTalk, Scale to Win, Mobilize, or any voter contact tools is a bonus.
- Experience with Google Sheets/Excel and/or SQL.
Benefits: Great benefits including; excellent health care ($1/month), dental ($1/month), vision ($1/month), life insurance (free), short term and long-term disability (free), free Better Help virtual therapy, free Calm premium subscription, monthly cell phone stipend, 10 days paid vacation, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 3 floating holidays, 9 paid holidays, plus more!
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note on COVID-19: Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations due to disability, medical condition, or bona fide religious belief will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.