Job Title: Deputy Coordinated Operations Director
Reports to: Coordinated Operations Director
Salary: $75,000-$80,000, Plus see below for details on the DPW generous benefits package
Location: Madison or Milwaukee, WI
Start date: January 2023
Application Deadline: December 2022 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is a suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
About The Democratic Party of Wisconsin: WisDems is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. During the 2023 spring election cycle, DPW will drive a massive program to elect a progressive majority to the state supreme court, elect candidates up and down the ballot and work to build volunteer-led coalitions for the long term. WisDems’ work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: The Deputy Operations Director will be responsible for helping to oversee the operations infrastructure for a statewide coordinated campaign as our field operation scales up for the Supreme Court race this spring. The ideal applicant works well in fast-paced environments, can effectively communicate within our team and across departments, and has organizing or operations experience. This position requires some flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task. This is a termed position through the end of May 2023. Access to reliable transportation is required for this position.
- Assist the Coordinated Operations Director logistics and administration for the Coordinated team by managing multiple operations projects.
- Work with the accounting team to ensure that all expenses across the organization are tracked and remain within budget.
- Prospect offices and track progress of office openings and shutdowns to ensure all utilities, internet providers, lease agreements and office needs are accounted for and managed in a central database.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure proper allotment of materials are delivered and received at the applicable office level.
- Ensure that all offices and staffers consistently have required resources.
- Address operations issues and needs from Coordinated staff in a timely manner.
- Help to implement the logistics for staff events and training.
- On year requirements include working outside of normal work hours; including canvassing and other election-preparation as necessary.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Management Skills – Ability to manage relationships within your team, bring out the best in your employees, and treat employees equitably across lines of difference.
- Multitasking in a Fast-Paced Environment – Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once.
- Technical Proficiency – Highly proficient in Excel/google docs with experience working from shared databases and workbooks.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills – Strong interpersonal skills, customer service attitude, and ability to communicate with people from many backgrounds
- Focused on Creative Solutions – Has the ability to develop and execute creative solutions to complex challenges.
- Familiarity with Campaign Finance Laws – Familiarity of federal and state campaign finance laws.
- Previous experience working for a political, legislative, or nonprofit organization
- Experience executing field campaign operations
Benefits: Great benefits including; excellent health care ($1/month), dental ($1/month), vision ($1/month), life insurance (free), short term and long-term disability (free), free Better Help virtual therapy, free Calm premium subscription, monthly cell phone stipend, 10 days paid vacation, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 3 floating holidays, 9 paid holidays, plus more!
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note on COVID-19: Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations due to disability, medical condition, or bona fide religious belief will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.