About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces a pivotal local and state Supreme Court race in the spring of 2020, will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. In 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team as Deputy Digital Director.
The Opportunity: As Deputy Digital Director, you will produce refreshing, vibrant and engaging daily content across all of Wisconsin Democrats’ verified social media accounts. We’re looking for a creative, outgoing and analytic-driven social media maven who is excited about building online communities and working within those communities to take impactful offline actions. Reporting to the Digital Communications Director and as a member of the Communications Team, you will be responsible for executing a robust digital program that brings Wisconsinites together to elect Democrats up and down the ballot throughout this important election year. This is a termed position through the end of November 2020.
- Maintain and manage a goal-oriented digital content calendar across multiple channels
- Create engaging day-to-day and rapid response social media content with an emphasis on copywriting and messaging
- Brainstorm and pitch strategic digital campaigns that utilize various tools and platforms
- Analyze performance and produce reports to identify trends and insights that lead to future optimization
- Maintain, update, and produce content for wisdems.org website
- Pitch, lead, and/or support video production projects
- Contribute to maintaining database of produced photos, videos, audio files, and other visual assets
- Assist with communications needs for Party-related events and fundraisers
- Other duties and responsibilities as they arise
- You’re a strong and outgoing social media communicator with a demonstrable track record
- Strong copywriting or professional writing skills
- Comfortable analyzing and communicating key metrics of digital programs
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, emphasizing Premiere Pro, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience updating web content, with HTML and WordPress familiarity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and adapt easily to shifting needs and tight deadlines
- Growth mindset: ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly goal-oriented: enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals; willing to go over, under, around, or through any obstacle that gets in the way of meeting goals.
- Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI, and across lines of difference.
- Ability to work long days with irregular hours. You have the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up your sleeves and getting the work done.
- Prior experience working on digital programs for a campaign, advocacy organization, or non-profit
- Experience in email marketing and/or digital fundraising programs
- Experience in Google Ads and other digital ad platforms
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-Englishspeaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.