Job Description: Digital Ads Director
Reports to: Senior Digital Director
Salary: $70,000 to $80,000, generous benefits package
Start date: 2/1/2021
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. This year, Wisconsin was the state that tipped the Electoral College for Joe Biden. We were able to stop Republicans from winning supermajorities in our gerrymandered State Assembly and Senate districts. In 2021, we will take on a deeply consequential fight to redraw our legislative maps to make them fair. And in 2022, the state will hold competitive statewide elections, including for Governor, US Senator, and newly drawn legislative districts. In 2024, we will work to keep the White House blue.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: As Digital Ads Director, you will oversee the party’s digital ads program. You will be responsible for content development, targeting, testing, optimization, placement, and iteration. Working with the Senior Digital Director, you’ll manage a sizable budget to ensure the continual growth and health of the party’s supporter base. This is a pivotal role for building the DPW’s digital infrastructure in 2021, 2020, and beyond.
- Timeline and project manage digital ad spending
- Lead ideation and development of ad content
- Regular report-back and optimization of ad performance
- Target and place ads on Facebook and Google platforms
- Monitor the news cycle for breaking opportunities to test “viral” ad ideas
- Own and strengthen relationships with client reps at Facebook and Google
- Work with consultants and vendors, as required, to execute digital ads program
- Develop reporting tools to provide transparency to senior staff on campaign performance
- Ability to write engaging digital copy—digital ads, email, SMS, more—quickly and with high attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
- Significant experience executing successful digital ad campaigns: content development, targeting, testing, optimization, placement, and more
- A high-level of comfort with Facebook and Google Ads Managers
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and external consultants to execute complex projects
- Strong project management skills, especially developing and adhering to monthly timelines
- Previous experience managing (large) budgets
- Ability to self-start and continuously bring new ideas to the table
- Growth Mindset – ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal Oriented – enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
- Graphic design and/or video editing skills
- Knowledge of other digital ads platforms
- Strong analytics skills: SQL, Excel, Google Studio
- Work experience on Democratic campaigns or at progressive advocacy organizations
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.