Job Description: Email + SMS Director
Reports to: Senior Digital Director
Salary: $70,000-$80,000, generous benefits package
Start date: January 5, 2021
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. This year, Wisconsin was the state that tipped the Electoral College for Joe Biden. And we stopped Republicans from winning supermajorities in our gerrymandered State Assembly and Senate districts. In 2021, we will take on a deeply consequential fight to redraw our legislative maps to make them fair. And in 2022, the state will hold competitive statewide elections, including for Governor, US Senator, and newly drawn legislative districts.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: As Email + SMS , you will play a key role with-in the Digital department, quickly spinning up new projects and leaning into high ROI opportunities as they emerge. Through the election, this role will own running our email program, growing our P2P SMS program, and supporting the Senior Digital Director in whatever needs to get done.
- Bring the WisDems email program in house—data migration, design + branding, email reputation, more
- Spin up and rapidly grow a broadcast SMS program
- Be plugged into social media and news cycle, and lift up opportunities for fundraising and list growth
- Project manage P2P SMS program
- Closely monitor and report out email + SMS data, and deliverability
- Draft and finalize email, landing page, SMS, and social media copy as required
- Be a thought partner to the Senior Digital Director and help spin up new projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to write engaging digital copy—social media, email, SMS, more—quickly and with high attention to detail
- Understanding of digital and fundraising analytics with proven track record of optimizing fundraising and list growth campaigns
- Significant experience working with vendors to execute fast-moving projects
- Must know how to use digital campaigning tools, including email campaigning CRMs, WordPress, SMS broadcast tools, more
- Basic front-end development skills: HTML, CSS
- Experience tracking, maintaining, and addressing email reputation
- Growth Mindset – ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal Oriented – enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
- Basis design skills: Canva, Adobe
- Strong analytics skills: SQL, Excel, Google Studio
- Work experience on Democratic campaigns or at progressive advocacy organizations
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.