Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Administrative Manager
Salary: $45,000 – $52,000, generous benefits package
Location: Madison, WI
Start date: July 2022
Application Deadline: July 1, 2022 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is a suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
About The Democratic Party of Wisconsin: WisDems is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2022 election cycle, WisDems will continue to build a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson to ensure a Democratic US Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. WisDems’ work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: As an Executive Assistant, you will report directly to the Executive Director, and assist with their scheduling, inbox management, and meeting coordination. You will be responsible for helping the Executive Director prepare for meetings, stay up to date on important messaging, and maintaining a healthy workload. The Executive Assistant will also work closely with the rest of the Executive team, supporting them with events, organization, and scheduling on request. Applicants without prior administrative experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- Scheduling the Executive Director’s meetings and managing their calendar.
- Managing the Executive Director’s inbox by developing an organizational method and carrying out daily status report meetings to review important messages.
- Assisting the Executive Coordinator in managing the Chairman’s inbox when needed.
- Preparing and reviewing meeting agendas for the Executive Director prior to the start of meetings.
- Keeping the Executive Director on schedule and up to date with important information when needed.
- Ensuring the Executive Director’s schedule is conducive to a realistic work-life balance.
- Partnering with Staff Assistant in scheduling interdepartmental meetings.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Organizational Skills – Demonstrated ability to handle incoming information from several mediums while remaining incredibly organized.
- Manages a high volume of work with efficiency – Has, or can create, a system for keeping tasks from slipping through the cracks. Able to juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality. Plans backwards to make deadlines. Asks for help when needed.
- Scheduling Experience – Successful skillset to handle multiple calendars.
- Confidentiality Management – Experience or ability to navigate multiple sources of confidential information with discretion.
- Inbox organization and management experience.
- Experience of working in a political party or on an election campaign.
- Political Aptitude.
Benefits: Great benefits including; excellent health care ($1/month), dental ($1/month), vision ($1/month), life insurance (free), short term and long-term disability (free), free Better Help virtual therapy, free Calm premium subscription, monthly cell phone stipend, 10 days paid vacation, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 3 floating holidays, 9 paid holidays, plus more!
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note on COVID-19: Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations due to disability, medical condition, or bona fide religious belief will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. Opportunity Employer.