Job Description: Field Operations Director
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: $60,000-$80,000, generous benefits package
Start date: March 2020
Application Deadline: 03/01/2020
(Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces a pivotal local and state Supreme Court race in the spring of 2020, will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. In 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: The Field Operations Director will be responsible for ensuring the operations infrastructure for a statewide coordinated campaign is created and in place as our field operation scales up for the presidential election this fall. The ideal applicant works well in fast-paced environments, can effectively communicate within our team and across departments, and has organizing or operations experience. This position requires some flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task. This is a termed position through the end of November 2020.
- Manage the day-to-day logistics and administration for the field team by managing multiple operations projects including supplies, supporter housing, offices, equipment and others
- Manage the coordinated campaign budget and cash flow projections
- Maintain track bill payment schedule to ensure all accounts are up to date over the course of the campaign and communicate expense needs effectively with the Operations and Compliance Manager for Accounts Payable
- Prospecting offices and tracking progress of office openings and shutdowns to ensure all utilities, internet providers, lease agreements and office needs are accounted for and managed in central database
- Coordinating with vendors to ensure proper allotment of materials are delivered and received at the applicable office level
- Making sure all needed insurance is taken care of for expanded campaign operations
- Address operations issues and needs from field staff in a timely manner
- Helping to implement the logistics for staff events and trainings
- Assist Director of Human Resources with onboarding and offboarding staff
- Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
- Experience executing large organizational budgets and tracking cash flow
- Experience executing field campaign operations
- Highly proficient in Excel/google docs with experience working from shared databases and workbooks
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service attitude, and ability to communicate with people from many backgrounds
- Flexible, adaptable, creative and solutions-oriented
- Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once
- Growth Mindset – ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal Oriented – enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
- Previous experience working for a political, legislative or nonprofit organization
- Background in general accounting and financial management
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.