Job Title: Finance & Membership Associate
Reports to: Deputy Finance Director
Salary: $38,400-$45,000, Plus see below for details on the DPW generous benefits package
Location: Madison, WI
Start date: July 2022
Application Deadline: July 5th, 2022 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is a suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
About The Democratic Party of Wisconsin: WisDems is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2022 election cycle, WisDems will continue to build a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson to ensure a Democratic US Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. WisDems’ work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: As Finance & Membership Associate, you will serve as a leader in growing and maintaining the Democratic Party of Wisconsin’s membership list. In addition, you will be responsible for various tasks within the Finance Department, including donor research and events.
- Administer the Democratic Party of Wisconsin’s membership program, which raises hundreds of thousands of dollars annually for the State Party, County Parties, and Congressional District Parties.
- Process membership renewals and sign-ups by mail, phone, and email in a timely manner.
- Ensure membership data accuracy, making corrections as needed in partnership with Party unit leaders.
- Process County Party membership co-payments accurately and efficiently.
- Work with the Deputy Finance Director to assist in implementation of membership recruitment and membership growth opportunities.
- Assist the internal ticketing system in order to centralize responses to specific requests to ensure faster response rates to our subunit members.
- Assist the Finance Department with other needs related to donor research, call time, and events.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Management Skills – Ability to manage relationships within your team, bring out the best in your employees, and treat employees equitably across lines of difference.
- Prioritization Skills – Strategically prioritizes tasks to maximize time without sacrificing quality.
- Customer Service Skills – Can balance making people who need things from them feel good while staying firm on what’s possible (even when clients or colleagues aren’t at their best).
- Attention to Detail – Notices errors that others might overlook and circles back to fix them, even after their work has been mostly finalized.
- Technical Proficiency.
- Experience productively utilizing G-Suite, Microsoft Office, and NGP.
- County Party Ties.
- Previous experience effectively working with county party leaders and/or volunteers.
Benefits: Great benefits including; excellent health care ($1/month), dental ($1/month), vision ($1/month), life insurance (free), short term and long-term disability (free), free Better Help virtual therapy, free Calm premium subscription, monthly cell phone stipend, 10 days paid vacation, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 3 floating holidays, 9 paid holidays, plus more!
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note on COVID-19: Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations due to disability, medical condition, or bona fide religious belief will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.