Job Description: Field Organizing Intern (Paid)
Reports to: Regional Organizing Director
Hours: 10 or 20 hours per week
Start date: February 2021
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: The DPW is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2021-22 cycle, DPW will drive a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson in order to ensure a Democratic US Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues.
DPW’s work—grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide—continues year-round, working with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding candidates who share our values and vision to join our team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: A Paid Internship will provide individuals with opportunities for meaningful hands-on experiences working on projects and being part of a team while contributing to the larger goals of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. You will help build local grassroots teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and volunteer retention. This includes learning the political process and preparing for future political opportunities whether you choose a political career or volunteer path. Lastly, it’s also a great way to grow connections and memories.
- Participate in volunteer outreach by calling and texting potential Democratic volunteers.
- Help ensure voters are equipped with the correct tools to register to vote.
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors.
- Assist in relational program
- Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
- Growth mindset: ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly goal-oriented: enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals; willing to go over, under, around, or through any obstacle that gets in the way of meeting goals
- Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers, and across lines of difference.
- A strong work ethic and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities; attention to detail
- Positive attitude; team player
- Intermediate experience with GoogleSheets, GoogleDrive and Microsoft Suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.