Job Description: Full Time Field Organizing Intern
Reports to: Field Organizer
Hours: 40 hrs per wk
Start date: Flexible
Application Deadline: Rolling basis
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces pivotal local and state races and may be THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. In 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: A Full Time Field Organizing Intern will provide individuals with opportunities for meaningful hands-on experiences working on projects and being part of a team while contributing to the larger goals of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. This includes learning the political process and preparing for future political opportunities whether you choose a political career or volunteer path. Lastly, it’s also a great way to grow connections and memories. Please note, these positions provide remote work options while we maintain closed offices until further notice. This position is to go through November 15th.
- Participate in volunteers outreach by calling and texting potential Democratic volunteers.
- Help ensure voters are equipped with the correct tools to register to vote.
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors from several departments
- Assist in preparing information and research materials
- Set up, break down, organize, and maintain conference rooms, training rooms, and meeting rooms.
- Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
- Growth mindset: ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly goal-oriented: enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals; willing to go over, under, around, or through any obstacle that gets in the way of meeting goals
- Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI, and across lines of difference.
- General competency with GoogleSheets, GoogleDrive and Microsoft Suite
- A strong work ethic and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities; attention to detail
- Positive attitude; team player
- Intermediate to advanced experience with GoogleSheets, GoogleDrive and Microsoft Suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.