Job Description: Online Fundraising Director
Reports to: Senior Finance Advisor
Salary: $60,000-80,000/year, generous benefits package
Location: Madison, WI
Start date: Immediately
Application Deadline EXTENDED: May 29th, 2020 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Analysts agree Wisconsin is the state most likely to tip the Electoral College in the 2020 presidential election. And with redistricting on the horizon, the 2020 state legislative elections will shape the state and nation’s political future for a decade to come. And in 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor, US Senator, and newly drawn legislative districts.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an
intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: As the Online Fundraising Director, you will…
• Draft, manage, and execute comprehensive, scalable, and aggressive online fundraising plan including email solicitations, online advertisements, texting, social media, etc.
• Manage Grassroots Fundraising Manager and all digital consultants as applicable.
• Conduct, analyze, and share findings of regular testing of various online fundraising tactics.
• Expand the Democratic Party of Wisconsin’s base of online grassroots donors.
• Growth Mindset – ability to take and implement feedback.
• Relentlessly Goal Oriented – enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
• Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
• Proven ability to accurately project online fundraising goals that are both ambitious and realistic.
• Expert ability to navigate political relationships with online surrogates, influencers, and supporters.
• Ability to draft, manage, and execute comprehensive, scalable, and agressive online fundraising plan that incorporates cutting-edge technology and innovation in the field.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Experience leading fundraising teams and/or consultants to high goals.
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.