Job Description: Regional Get Out the Vote (GOTV) Director
Reports to: GOTV Director
Salary: $4,500/month, generous benefits package
Start date: ASAP
End Date: 11/15/2020
Contact: Josh Henderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. In 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: The Wisconsin Coordinated Campaign is hiring Regional Get Out the Vote (GOTV) Directors for the 2020 campaign cycle. They will work directly with the State GOTV Director to help support GOTV needs throughout Wisconsin. The scope of their work may cover operations, volunteer management, staff coaching, training, content creation, and more. This position requires some flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task. This is a termed position through November 15, 2020.
● Implement the statewide GOTV plan within an assigned region
● Work with Regional and Deputy Organizing Directors to ensure volunteer needs are met during GOTV
● Oversee and operate tracking systems for local GOTV logistics
● Prepare and track materials for GOTV within the region
● Provide support and assistance to other campaign departments as needed
● Monitor and respond to all GOTV-related needs in the region
● Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
● Have at least one cycle of campaign experience
● A record of building strong working relationships
● Highly motivated to achieve winning results
● Able to demonstrate the ability to communicate information with multiple partners and stakeholders with varying levels of experience
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
● Fluency with VAN, Google Suite, and other commonly-used campaign software
● Ability to work irregular hours and thrive in high-pressure situations
● Growth Mindset – ability to take and implement feedback.
● Relentlessly Goal Oriented – enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
● Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
Benefits: Great benefits including health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim,
non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.