Job Description: Regional Organizing Director
Reports to: Deputy Organizing Director
Location: Madison, Milwaukee, or a designated region in Wisconsin.
Salary: $60,000/year, generous benefits package
Start date: January 2022
Application Deadline: 01/08/2021 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is a suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: The DPW is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2021-22 election cycle, DPW will drive a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson in order to ensure a Democratic US Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. DPW’s work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: As a Regional Organizing Director, you will build local grassroots teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment, and volunteer retention. You will be responsible for executing a field program that works to elect Democrats up & down the ballot by building and maintaining the local volunteer infrastructure necessary for success in the Spring Elections and beyond.
- Work to elect all Democrats up and down the ticket.
- Work to build local grassroots volunteer teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Create a strong inclusive progressive presence in communities within your assigned turf.
- Implement grassroot field tactics, including managing and executing effective activities, such as phone banks.
- Work to develop strong relationships with local stakeholders and constituency groups, including county party leaders and members, local grassroots organizations and activists, and partner and ally groups.
- Help to build the local volunteer infrastructure necessary for success in the Spring Elections and beyond.
- Execute the 2021 statewide organizing and outreach programs across Wisconsin.
- Meet or exceed metrics based goals for volunteer recruitment & retention as well as direct voter contact.
- Be a representative of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin and our policies, including neutrality as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Our Values – Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills – Namely, can connect with others, motivate & quickly gain trust with volunteers, staff, community members, and coalition partners, including in particular across lines of difference.
- Management Experience – Experience managing a large and diverse team to achieve high goals in high pressure, rapidly changing circumstances such as Get Out the Vote.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Technical Skills – Votebuilder (VAN) & Excel proficient.
- Previous organizing experience.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Benefits: Great benefits including; excellent health care ($1/month), dental ($1/month), vision ($1/month), life insurance (free), short term and long-term disability (free), free Better Help virtual therapy, free Calm premium subscription, monthly cell phone stipend, 10 days paid vacation, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 3 floating holidays, 9 paid holidays, plus more!.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.