Job Description: Regional Organizing Director
Reports to: Deputy Organizing Director
Salary: $4,500/month ($54,000/year), generous benefits package
Start date: Jan/Feb 2020
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces a pivotal local and state Supreme Court race in the spring of 2020, will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. In 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our organizing team.
The Opportunity: As a Regional Organizing Director, you will build local grassroots teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and volunteer retention. You will be responsible for executing a field program and managing a team of Field Organizers that work to elect Democrats up & down the ticket by building & maintaining the local volunteer infrastructure necessary for success in the Spring Elections, the November General Elections and beyond.
- Work to elect all Democrats up and down the ticket.
- Work to build local grassroots teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Create a strong progressive presence in communities within your assigned turf.
- Implement grassroots field tactics, including managing and executing effective activities, such as phone banks and canvasses.
- Work to develop strong relationships with local stakeholders and constituency groups, including county party leaders and members, local grassroots organizations and activists, and partner and ally groups.
- Help to build the local volunteer infrastructure necessary for success in the Spring Elections, November General Elections, and beyond.
- Responsible for executing the 2019 & 2020 statewide organizing and outreach programs across Wisconsin.
- Meet or exceed metrics based goals for volunteer recruitment & retention as well as direct voter contact.
- Be a representative of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin and our policies, including neutrality as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Growth mindset: ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly goal-oriented: enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals; willing to go over, under, around, or through any obstacle that gets in the way of meeting goals.
- Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI, and across lines of difference.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
- Ability to work long days with irregular hours while maintaining a positive, energetic attitude.
- Previous organizing experience preferred, but not required.
- Applicant should have access to a vehicle, and be willing to travel frequently.
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Please email a resume titled “FirstName_LastName_Resume” to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Regional Organizing Director” in the subject line. Applications without this exact subject line (minus the quotation marks) may not be considered.