Job Description: Save The Veto Campaign Manager
Reports to: Save The Veto Deputy Director & Assembly or Senate Political Director
Salary: $40,000-65,000/year, generous benefits package
Location: Madison, WI
Start date: June 2020
Application Deadline: May 29th, 2020 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is the suggested time-frame based on organizational needs.)
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin may be THE critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. And in 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor, US Senator, and newly drawn legislative districts.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our team.
The Opportunity: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is hiring campaign managers for State Senate and State Assembly races for the 2020 cycle as part of our unprecedented investment in and partnership with state legislative races this fall, known as our Save the Veto (STV) program. Campaign managers will serve as the point person between the DPW Save the Veto program, and their respective candidate/campaign, and will be in charge of day-to-day campaign operations within the district.
• Build a volunteer base and implement a comprehensive field program.
• Work with the candidate, legislative caucuses, STV Director, and STV Deputy Director to develop a finance plan and achieve said plan over the course of the campaign.
• Alongside the DPW and partnered consulting firms; test, finalize, and implement a full-spectrum vote communication program in support of the candidate (direct-mail, digital, television, radio)
• Event planning, both for fundraisers and “Get Out The Vote” efforts, along with daily candidate schedule
• Drafting rapid campaign communications to in-district and statewide press requests in coordination with both the DPW and its consulting partners.
• Growth Mindset – ability to take and implement feedback.
• Relentlessly Goal Oriented – enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
• Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
• Knowledge of Campaign Concepts and Strategies
• Detail-oriented & organized.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Have a strong interest in learning internal party channels to accomplish needs
• Possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License along with reliable transportation
• Have previous experience using VAN (Votebuilder)
• Has experience working NGP.
• Has prior experience working on a campaign.
• Has experience in Microsoft Office & G Suite
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.