Job Title: Senate Readiness Project Digital Manager
Reports to: Senior Senate Advisor
Salary: $5500 per month
Start date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
About The Democratic Party of Wisconsin: WisDems is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2022 election cycle, WisDems will continue to build a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson to ensure a Democratic U.S. Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. WisDems’ work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: As the Digital Manager for the Senate Readiness Project, you’ll work with the Senior Senate Advisor and other members of the team to develop the digital program supporting our efforts to elect a Democratic Senator in Wisconsin in 2022. Digital departments are an integral part of any campaign and your work will support our Senate nominee and candidates up and down the ballot, you will be an integral member of our digital team and tasked with helping to build the program that will enable our nominee to succeed in November. The digital manager will work with the campaign leadership team on building digital fundraising, social media, persuasion, and digital organizing programs. The digital manager will also help manage a team of digital staff to help execute programmatic goals. Your work will lay the foundation for the election of a Democrat into the U.S. Senate in 2022.
- Work on building a digital infrastructure for the future Wisconsin Senate nominee including helping to work with the DPW digital team and other partners on digital collaboration
- Work with the campaign leadership team and digital team to develop a comprehensive digital vision and strategy for building digital fundraising, social media, persuasion and organizing programs in the general election
- Help oversee a team of digital staffers to set and meet programmatic objectives over the course of the campaign.
- Working with the digital team and other departments to drive and implement a digital strategy that integrates well across platforms and conveys the nominee’s voice and campaign message.
- Maintain campaign digital assets in coordination with other staff, including social platforms, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and
- Serve as a key member of the campaign’s rapid response team, creating digital assets on tight deadlines with clarity and attention to detail and closely monitoring digital performance, and ensuring that the strategy is constantly optimizing.Qualifications (Required):
- 1-2 cycles of campaign digital experience or similar experience at a Committee or organization.
- Attention to detail, ability to take advantage of key moments across digital platforms quickly, strong communications instincts, and an ability to manage a team and work closely with other departments.
- Ability to use and understand basic HTML
- Thorough knowledge of ActBlue and NGP
- Strong writing skills and basic graphic design skills and/or video editing skills
- Strong understanding of digital benchmarks to measure performance in fundraising, engagement, and persuasion spheres and ability to distill digital metrics into easy-to-understand reports.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers across lines of identity difference.
Manages a high volume of work with efficiency – Has, or can create, a system for managing multiple projects at the same time without sacrificing quality.
- Clear, Precise, and Inclusive Communication
- Effective Team Player – Track record of collaborating with colleagues to produce quality digital materials.Qualifications (Preferred):
- Prior experience working on digital fundraising and organizing programs is a priority.
- Prior experience with graphics design and/or video editing strongly preferredBenefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin Has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities.
To Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Senate Readiness Project- Digital Manager”