Job Title: Senate Readiness Project Finance Associate
Reports to: Senior Senate Advisor
Salary: $4000 per month
Start date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary.
About The Democratic Party of Wisconsin: WisDems is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2022 election cycle, WisDems will continue to build a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson to ensure a Democratic U.S. Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. WisDems’ work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive
The Opportunity: As the Finance Associate for the Senate Readiness Project, you’ll work with the Senior Senate Advisor and other members of the team to raise resources for our efforts to elect a Democratic Senator in Wisconsin in 2022, while supporting the Democratic Senate nominee’s fundraising operation once the primary concludes. You will be responsible for working to raise resources for our future nominee and build a fundraising infrastructure for the general election that will support our Senate nominee and candidates up and down the ballot. The finance associate will be an important member of our team and will work with the nominee’s finance team on prospective donor research, creating invitation materials, making phone calls, supporting a call time program, and assisting with fundraising events. Your work will lay the foundation for the election of a Democrat into the U.S. Senate in 2022.
- Work on building a fundraising infrastructure for the future Wisconsin Senate nominee including helping to raise resources for the Wisconsin Senate nominee fund and planning for general election fundraising;
- Support the development of Wisconsin and National fundraising events from start to finish, including but not limited to prospective donor research, creating invitation materials, making phone calls and drafting email outreach to build events, tracking RSVPs, communicating event logistics to attendees, attending and staffing events in-person, post-event reporting to the team, and ensuring event hosts are properly thanked;
- Work with staff and interns to identify and prepare strong fundraising calls for the candidate and surrogate fundraisers including helping to create and research call sheets;
- Assist with retrieving mail, processing, and source coding contributions, and
communicating with the compliance firm to ensure contributions are processed in a timely manner;
- Regularly update finance database with outreach notes, event notes, call time notes, and other information;
Assist in building and executing the thank you note program, working with staff and interns to ensure that acknowledgments are printed, signed, assembled, and sent in a
- Self-starter with a robust work ethic and a high level of attention to detail.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers across lines of identity difference.
- Manages a high volume of work with efficiency- Has, or can create, a system for managing multiple projects at the same time without sacrificing quality.
- Clear, Precise, and Inclusive Communication
- Effective Team Player – Track record of collaborating with colleagues to produce quality fundraising materials.
- Prior fundraising or campaign experience (as a volunteer, intern, or staff) strongly
Benefits: Great benefits including; health care, dental,vision, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, generous annual vacation time, sick days, and holiday time off.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin Has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities.
To Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senate Readiness Project- Finance Associate”