FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 28, 2021
Contact: WisDems Communications (email@example.com)
President Biden Announces Historic Build Back Better Framework
Madison, Wis. — Today, after President Biden announced the Build Back Better Framework, Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Ben Wikler released the following statement:
“President Biden campaigned on building our communities back better and investing in the working people who are the backbone of the American economy. With the Build Back Better Framework, President Biden is keeping that campaign promise by cutting costs for working families, investing in children and caregiving, expanding access to affordable health care, and tackling the climate crisis head on. It’s no wonder this framework is wildly popular with the American people.
“Wisconsinites elected President Biden and put Democrats in charge of Congress to invest in working families — and once again, they are delivering where Republicans have repeatedly failed. While GOP lawmakers like Ron Johnson continue to prioritize the wealthiest Americans and largest corporations, Democrats are once again ensuring that working people and children aren’t left behind by Republicans. And with Governor Evers at the helm in our state, Wisconsin stands ready to work in partnership with the federal government to deliver for Wisconsin families — unlike the obstructionism of the Walker-Kleefisch days.
“Democrats won in 2020 because we centered our agenda on helping working families and small businesses build back better, and voters from Green Bay to Milwaukee will not forget that Democrats have once again delivered.”
Specifically, the Build Back Better Framework:
- Offers universal and free preschool for all U.S. 3- and 4-year-olds, the largest expansion of universal and free education since states and communities across the country established public high school
- Makes the largest investment in child care in the country’s history, saving most American families more than half of their spending on child care
- Contains the largest effort to combat climate change in American history
- Makes the largest expansion of the Affordable Care Act in a decade
- Makes the single largest and most comprehensive investment in affordable housing in history, bringing down costs for working families and expanding the middle-class