BREAKING: Ron Johnson Tried to Deliver Fraudulent List of Wisconsin Electors to Mike Pence In Attempt To Overturn 2020 Presidential Election
MADISON, Wis., — During today’s January 6th committee hearing, a deeply disturbing revelation came to light about Ron Johnson’s attempts to hand fake Wisconsin and Michigan electors to Vice President Pence in an effort to help overturn the 2020 presidential election.
“Instead of focusing on what’s best for Wisconsinites – lowering costs, supporting the creation of good paying jobs, and holding the Chinese government accountable for their economic malfeasance – Johnson’s focus in Washington is working to undermine democracy,” said Democratic Party of Wisconsin Senate Communications Advisor Philip Shulman.
Read the latest coverage from Wisconsin media about the disturbing revelation below:
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Sen. Ron Johnson wanted to hand-deliver fake electors to Mike Pence on Jan. 6, texts reveal
- Minutes before Congress was set to begin certification of the 2020 election on Jan. 6, 2021, an aide for U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson told former Vice President Mike Pence’s staff that Johnson wanted to hand-deliver to Pence the fake elector votes from Wisconsin and Michigan.
- “Johnson needs to hand something to VPOTUS please advise,” Johnson aide Sean Riley said in a text message to Pence staffer Chris Hodgson at 12:37 p.m. on Jan. 6, according to evidence presented Tuesday by the House select committee investigating the attack on the U.S. Capitol.
- “What is it?” Hodgson, a former legislative affairs director for Pence, replied.
- “Alternate slate of electors for MI and WI because archivist didn’t receive them,” Riley wrote back.
- Hodgson then told Riley: “Do not give that to him.”
- Johnson planned to lead an effort to reject Wisconsin’s electors on Jan. 6 but changed course after a violent mob seeking the same goal attacked the U.S. Capitol.
- Later in 2021, Johnson met with Wisconsin state lawmakers in the state Capitol to discuss the Legislature taking over presidential and federal elections and dismantling the state elections commission.
Wisconsin State Journal: Aide: Ron Johnson wanted to hand Mike Pence documents falsely stating Donald Trump won Wisconsin
- Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson wanted to hand then-Vice President Mike Pence official-looking documents falsely affirming former President Donald Trump won in Wisconsin and Michigan as Pence prepared to confirm Joe Biden’s win in January 2021, according to text messages revealed at a U.S. House hearing Tuesday.
- “Do not give that to him,” a top Pence aide told Johnson’s staffer, Sean Riley, on Jan. 6, 2021, after Riley said the senator wanted to deliver the fake Trump electors to him
- Johnson spokesperson Alexa Henning did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
WISN: Ron Johnson tried to give fake elector information to Mike Pence, Jan. 6 committee says
- Bombshell allegations surfaced Tuesday tying Wisconsin U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson to former President Donald Trump’s campaign to overturn the 2020 presidential election.
- During Tuesday’s Jan. 6 hearing, the select committee said a staffer for the senator texted a staffer for the vice president minutes before the joint session of Congress on Jan. 6 that Johnson wanted to hand-deliver to the vice president fake electors’ votes from Wisconsin and Michigan.