Here’s what he’s said in the past and why he might have changed his mind
Let’s remember some other things Donald Trump has said about Scott Walker:
- “Wisconsin’s doing terribly. First of all, it’s in turmoil.”
- “The roads are a disaster because they don’t have any money to rebuild them.”
- “Walker’s state, Wisconsin, is a catastrophe from an economic and financial standpoint.”
- “Their jobs are a disaster, their schools are a disaster.”
- “Wisconsin chronically lags the rest of the United States in job creation.”
- “Am I gonna say he’s doing a great job? He’t not doing a great job.”
- “When the facts come out about Scott Walker, I think he’s going to plunge in the polls.”
But maybe Trump changed his mind because Walker’s been carrying so much water for him as of late.
- Walker refused to stand up to Trump while he was attacking Harley-Davidson.
- Walker failed to stick up for Wisconsin’s dairy farmers caught up in Trump’s trade war.
- Walker refused to stand up to Trump while children were being torn from their parent’s arms at the border, and even sent the National Guard unit to help Trump enforce his cruel policies.
- Walker failed to criticize Trump’s disgraceful press conference with Vladimir Putin.
- Walker authorized the lawsuit to overturn the Affordable Care Act, one of Trump’s pet causes.
“Scott Walker is doing what Scott Walker does best: put his personal ambition first. That’s why he’ll side with Donald Trump over Wisconsin’s interests every single time. Walker may be a ‘favorite’ of Trump’s, but Wisconsinites are ready for a change after eight long years of Walker’s failures.” — TJ Helmstetter, DPW spokesperson for 2018 gubernatorial race