FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 3, 2022
Contact: Hannah Menchhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What They’re Saying: No Question That Republicans Running For Wisconsin Governor Are Against Abortion Access
MADISON, Wis. – Within hours of the jaw-dropping news that the Supreme Court will likely end 50 years of guaranteed abortion protection in the United States, Republicans running for governor reminded voters that they all sit at the extreme fringes of limiting abortion for Wisconsinites.
The Republican candidates clearly don’t care about the opinion of 72% of Wisconsinites who are against overturning Roe v. Wade, and showed no concern over how this sudden loss of health care would impact millions of Americans.
See how Wisconsin Republicans celebrated the overturning of Roe v. Wade and other radical statements they have made on abortion:
- Twitter: “BREAKING → SCOTUS will overturn Roe v. Wade. It’s about time!”
- Previously agreed that survivors of rape should “turn lemons into lemonade.”
- Twitter: “I pray this is true.”
- No Better Friend Corp., Kevin Nicholson’s dark money advocacy group, referred pregnant people considering abortions to sham crisis pregnancy centers. Instead of providing access to care, these fake clinics impede access to abortion and provide misleading information. Nicholson said, Crisis pregnancy centers are “a super tactical way” to stand in the way of people seeking abortion care.
- See more about Kevin Nicholson’s extreme stance on abortion at https://antichoicekevin.com.
- Twitter: “Barbara and I have long worked for and prayed for this moment, and we hope this news proves to be true. As governor, I will always work to protect the unborn, while working to win hearts and minds.”
- In a case of rape: “To ask [the mother] to go through the birth is not unreasonable when you talk about killing the life of that baby.” [Wisconsin State Journal, 6/13/04]
- Twitter: “I hope this true, the sanctity of life should never be questioned.”
- Looking to be direct and to the point: “I am hardcore, 100% pro-life without exceptions.”
Rebecca Kleefisch, Kevin Nicholson, Tim Ramthun, and Tim Michels all want to ban abortion, with no exceptions in cases of rape and are all too extreme for Wisconsinites.