FACT SHEET: Inflation Reduction Act Lowers Costs for Black Wisconsinites
MADISON, Wis. – Thanks to President Biden and Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act, Wisconsinites will soon be paying less for their health care and home energy costs. The IRA will benefit working families in every corner of Wisconsin and from every background, working to address issues that disproportionately impact Black Wisconsinites.
Here’s how the Inflation Reduction Act will lower health care costs for Black Wisconsinites:
- The Inflation Reduction Act will lower health care costs, including prescription drug costs, and expand health insurance coverage for Black families
- The Inflation Reduction Act will work to reduce racial discrepancies in vaccination rates and ensure that all Medicare beneficiaries have access to additional free vaccines, including the shingles vaccine
- A recent study found that white Americans were over two times as likely to have received the shingles vaccine than Black Americans, due in part to difficulty affording the shingles vaccine
- The Inflation Reduction Act continues improvements enacted by the American Rescue Plan to keep free or low-cost health insurance available to all Americans
- Over half a million more Black Americans will have health insurance coverage next year, compared to without the IRA
Read the full fact sheet here.
# # #