President Biden Signs PACT Act Into Law
MADISON, Wis. – Today, President Biden signed the PACT Act into law, which delivers on his promise to strengthen health care and benefits for American veterans. The PACT Act is one of the most significant expansions of veteran health care in U.S. history and will provide our nation’s heroes with the services and care that they deserve.
In celebration of President Biden signing the PACT Act into law, Democratic Party of Wisconsin Executive Director Devin Remiker released the following statement:
“Today, President Biden is delivering on his promise to support veterans and provide them with the best health care possible. This comprehensive legislation will support millions of American heroes who were exposed to toxic substances in the line of duty and provide lifesaving care to those who put their lives on the line for our country.”
- Expand VA health care eligibility for veterans potentially impacted by toxic exposures.
- Make it easier for veterans to qualify for VA services.
- Remove the burden of proof for certain veterans diagnosed with 23 conditions.
- Strengthen toxic exposure research.
- Improve toxic exposure care.
- Build critical capacity at VA.