Ron Johnson Supports Abortion Ban
MADISON, Wis. – Ron Johnson has supported legislation that would put in place a national abortion ban.
“Ron Johnson has made clear that taking away Wisconsinites’ right to make their own health care decisions is a top priority. Johnson’s dangerous abortion ban is a direct threat to Wisconsinites’ freedoms,” said Democratic Party of Wisconsin Senate Communications Advisor Philip Shulman.
This comes after Johnson took credit for helping overturn Roe v. Wade, which in Wisconsin, has eliminated access to nearly all abortions.
Here are the facts about Johnson’s long record of working to end abortion rights:
- Johnson Has Stated That He Supports A Federal Abortion Ban .
- Johnson: “I’ve Signed On To A National Bill That Would Have Banned Abortions After 20 Weeks.” [Spicer & Co, Newsmax, 5/3/22]
- Ron Johnson Has Cosponsored Every Version Of The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, Which Would Ban Abortion In Each Session Since 2013. [S. 1670, 113th Congress, Introduced 11/7/13, Cosponsored 11/7/13; S. 1553, 114th Congress, Introduced 6/11/15, Cosponsored 6/11/15; S. 1922, 115th Congress, Introduced 10/5/17, Cosponsored 10/5/17; S. 2311, 115th Congress, Introduced 1/16/18, Cosponsored1/16/18; S. 160, 116th Congress, Introduced 1/16/19, Cosponsored 1/16/19; S. 61, 117th Congress, Introduced 1/17/21, Cosponsored,1/17/21]
- Johnson has been vocal about his efforts to strip people of the right to make their own medical decisions
- “Roe and Casey were so poorly decided. This is a really good decision, this is what should have happened 50 years ago.” [Clay & Buck Show, 5/05/22]
- Ron Johnson said “[he’s] fully supportive of what the Supreme Court did” and that “[he] obviously confirmed the justices that handed down that correct decision.” [Brian Kilmeade Show, 7/13/22]