Democratic Party of Wisconsin’s Coordinated Campaign
Job Description: Field Organizer
Reports to: Regional Organizing Director
Salary: $4,000 /month ($48,000 year), generous benefits package
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: For the next four years, Wisconsin state politics will carry an almost unprecedented intensity and level of historical significance. Wisconsin faces a pivotal local and state Supreme Court race in the spring of 2020, will be a – maybe THE – critical swing state in the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 state legislative elections will also shape redistricting in 2021, which will determine the state’s political future for a decade to come. In 2022, the state will hold deeply competitive and consequential statewide elections, including for Governor and US Senator.
For the sake of the state’s future – and the nation’s – the Democratic Party of Wisconsin seeks an intelligent, personable, organized, self-starting individual to join our organizing team.
The Opportunity: As a field organizer, you will build local grassroots teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and volunteer retention. You will be responsible for executing a field program that works to elect Democrats up & down the ticket by building & maintaining the local volunteer infrastructure necessary for success in the Spring Elections, the November General Elections and beyond.
• Work to elect all Democrats up and down the ticket.
• Work to build local grassroots teams that will then engage in direct voter contact, volunteer recruitment and retention.
• Create a strong progressive presence in communities within your assigned turf.
• Implement grassroots field tactics, including managing and executing effective activities, such as phone banks and canvasses.
• Work to develop strong relationships with local stakeholders and constituency groups, including county party leaders and members, local grassroots organizations and activists, and partner and ally groups.
• Help to build the local volunteer infrastructure necessary for success in the Spring Elections, November General Elections, and beyond.
• Responsible for executing the 2019 & 2020 statewide organizing and outreach programs across Wisconsin.
• Meet or exceed metrics based goals for volunteer recruitment & retention as well as direct voter contact.
• Be a representative of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin and our policies, including neutrality as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Growth mindset: ability to take and implement feedback.
• Relentlessly goal-oriented: enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals; willing to go over, under, around, or through any obstacle that gets in the way of meeting goals.
• Cultural competency: able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI, and across lines of difference.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills are a must.
• Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates.
• Ability to work long days with irregular hours while maintaining a positive, energetic attitude.
• Previous organizing experience preferred, but not required.
• Applicant should have access to a vehicle, and be willing to travel frequently.
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse group of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.